C’s recipe. I generally make a 2/3 batch which is good for two people. I also like to top it with coarse sea salt and Herbes de Provence.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups water (room temp or cold)
Put the flour, salt and yeast in a bowl. Add the water. Mix with a wooden spoon until incorporated and dough is shaggy. No need to knead.
Cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 12 to 21 hours.
Use as-is for pizza dough.
- For a boule, punch down the dough (use flour—it will be sticky), and form it into a ball. Roll the ball in flour. Cover loosely, and let rise until double (1 to 2 hours although you can get away with as little as 30 minutes).
- Put a Dutch oven with a lid in the oven, and heat it to 425°F for a minimum of 30 minutes—longer is better.
- Flop the risen dough into the hot Dutch oven; optionally top with coarse salt and a generous sprinkle of Herbes de Provence. A spritz of water will also make the crust a bit more crispy.
- Cover and bake in oven for 30 min.
- Remove the lid, and bake 15 minutes more.