- Up around 0700.
- We are an hour away from Sidney and have a noon lunch date so will just hang out for the morning.
- We motor down and check out Fulford Harbour. Nice looking place except for the big ass ferry that comes and goes multiple times a day.
- We motor to Sidney and tie up.
- Lunch with Geo Takach and his daughter Fran.
- Laundry in the P.M.
- Then Mark and Karen pick us up and take us for delicious Chinese.
- Off the dock around 1000 hrs. I have to stop trying to turn the bow into the wind.
- Motor past Portland Island and then raise the sails.
- We are sailing with a ton of big ferries in some pretty narrow water.
- It gets even more exciting by Enterprise Reef just outside of Active Pass and the Ferries have little room to maneuver and we have a lee shore. But everyone finds sea room and no one dies.
- We sail right into Montague Harbour and drop our sails at hedge of the anchorage.
- We anchor off the marina and settle in for the night.
- I haul the dinghy up on deck to search again for the slow leak. No luck.
- Load the outboard on the dinghy and set off for the marina to explore.
- Then we head to the Provincial Park to walk the shoreline.
- We are up bright and early and head for Nanaimo to spend out last few days in the harbour. Need to make Dodd Narrows slack at 1330 hrs.
- We raise the sails in 13 knots and slowly jibe back and forth going down wind. It’s cold again.
- Just before Porlier Pass we haul in the main and motor sail with the jib. We are making 6.3-7 knots the rest of the trip.
- Winds are predicted to be 20-30 tomorrow so we decided to just head on into our slip at Stones.
- Fuel up and back into our slip for the last time around 1430 hrs.
- Rain. Not much wind though.
- I buy some cleaner for the inside of the bimini (still some algae from last winter). Hosing the underside of the enclosure in the rain…it presents an odd picture.
- We prep for a quick haulout, but then its cancelled.
- So we grab our bins from storage and start sorting and packing.
- And then the winds. And more rain.
- Looks like we are inside for the rest of the day.
- And more rain.
- Lovely sunny morning.
- Drop off a bag at Seair so they can send it on an earlier flight.
- Do the last loads of laundry for stuff staying in storage.
- Finish packing and inventorying by noon and haul everything into storage unit.
- Clean galley and then the rain starts again.
- Afternoon coffee with L’s parental units.
- More cleaning.
- Last dinner aboard.
- Finish it off with a movie in the cockpit.
- Off the boat.
- At Seair by 9:15.
- We get to fly in a Beaver (1956); always my favourite.
- Only 3 on the flight so we leave 20 minutes early.
- And a couple of hours in YVR before we are home…